The Sledding Hill

The Sledding Hill

Monday, January 7, 2008

Blog 1

Why Chris Crutcher does involve himself in the book?

I think Chris Crutcher is very self-confident but yet, he wants to make himself more popular and hopes to make himself one of the greatest authors during this time period. People might not like this book because it is very controversial and it has many issues that affect society and the world around us. The thing is other authors that are recognized as some of the greatest authors did not become great just by putting their name in their book and recognizing themselves as one of the greatest authors. I do not like this way of writing even though it was very interesting and that I was caught in into wanting to know what he will say about himself and what he will do with the rest of the book, because of this I thought that the book was very interesting and controversial, but very cheesy.
Another way he might have put this book in it is because that book has a many issues that teens like us and the ones in the book have to go through and are very controversial. Since this there could be a debate about the swearing, or the religous stuff in it so it could be swaying either way.
Another way to look at the reason he might have included himself into the book is because he wanted to show that there are many different authors that write interesting things and show that you do not need to be a popular author to do show that there can be many things to learn and you can show the issues in the world and there are many controversies in the book. This isn’t the only reason why Chris would include himself into The Sledding Hill.
There are many other reasons why he might have put himself into the book, but we may never know the exact reason because, he won’t tell us the reason why. If he did he might ruin the book and the mystery behind the book. Since he does this he makes a big discussion in the book and out of the book. I am glad that he does include that but yet he is think high of himself.

2 comments:

mnag9130 said...

Edgar, I could not agree more about how wierd it was that he mentioned himself so many times in the book. Check out my blog at thesleddinghillanalysis.blogspot.com

Edgar Jananaesropbx said...

Thank you for your input on my blog. I checked out your blog and I thought that it was very interesting. I liked it and I liked your blogs. I thought it was very cool, and I hope you continue to challange yourself and do more blogs.