The Sledding Hill

The Sledding Hill

Monday, January 7, 2008

Blog 2

Why is the book Warren Peece, so bad?

The book Warren Peece is the book in The Sledding Hill, which Ms. Lloyd makes the children read, because it has many issues throughout the book. Some of the issues in the book are like: swearing, religion, the characters in the story are weird, and many others. But, they think this book should be banned, because they bring it to Reverend Tarter and everyone is into their faith, pretty much, so they all follow him into thinking that the book is really bad, but it talks about things kids our age might talk about or think about. With this all the kids in the class rebel but eventually lose, but read the book behind their parents back, and they all really like it including Eddie, who really gets into it, but since the book ends up getting banned they take the book away from everyone and then they fire Ms. Lloyd, which is really cruel, because she was just doing her job and she gave them a book that feel into the category of Really Modern Literature, and she shouldn't have been fired, she should have just given them a second choice. But I standby her choice in giving this book to the public because this is a free country and we have the right to speak our mind and do what we want to do or this isn't the United States of America, and we should be able to read that book and we should be able to do what we want to do. With the decision of the parents, I would do what the kids did and go behind their backs if I was that into a book. And I applaud Eddie in the decision he made, even though he just had one of the worst years you can have, especially as a kid.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I though your blog was hilarious. I loved how you said a book should not be banned because this is a free country. I would never have thought of that. You showed the story really well so that I would not have had to read the book. I agree with what you said about how Ms. Lloyd was just doing her job. I love your pink background!!!

Basketballfrk23 said...

I thought your blog was amazing. I like how you put in there that we are kids and that we should be able to do what we want, like read a book. I also agree with you about Ms. Llyod just doing her job. What I don't agree with is you saying that we should be able to do whatever we want. That would mean there is no laws, and whithouty laws this world would be crazy. But you did a very wonderful job otherwise!

Edgar Jananaesropbx said...

I didn't really mean for my blog to be funny, but if you thought it was than that is great. Thank you for all the comments, especially the pink backround.

Edgar Jananaesropbx said...

I thank you for all the comments about my blog, and we are kids, and we can do an amazing job on anything we put our minds to it thank you.