The Sledding Hill

The Sledding Hill

Monday, January 7, 2008

Evaluation

Here is how I think that the book, The Sledding Hill, should be evaluated according to the Six plus One Traits of Writing.
Ideas and Content- I thought that the book was very easy to read, and it showed a clear, and well thought out message. I thought that the book, was very interesting and the theme, was nice a easy to picture out.
Organization- I thought that the book was very well organized throughout the book. It had a logical introduction, but it did not catch me, and suck me in, and I thought that the book was very boring for the beginning and middle, and picked up at the end. It had great transitions, and very nice pacing. And the ideas just sort of flowed nicely with the book. I thought that this could lead into a sequel, because it left me thinking.
Voice- When I picked up the book, even though I didn't like it I thought I was right there some of the times. Sometimes I didn't want to put the book down.
Word Choice- There were many great words, used very well throughout the book. Also, there wasn't an overload of words, which I liked because then I wouldn't have to be reading two books, at the same time, The Sledding Hill, and The Dictionary.
Sentence Fluency- In the book, there was great sentence fluency. You could just read on through, and you wouldn't have to be stopping every sentence. The sentences had great rhythm and flow.
Conventions- The sentences are very well-written, and have correct conventions. They are all nicely written.
Presentation- The book was very easy to read, and was pleasing to the eye. It is written the same way we are learning how to write.

No comments: